Selling products online is one of the easiest ways to make money online and one good way to sell, improve branding and spread your products across the globe is to be part of the online marketplaces. Whether you are selling products, software or services, these platforms can give your business a massive exposure and right marketing approach for your products.
India has come a long way from being one of the most racially discriminated countries to being one of the most advanced in technology today. For starters, there are now plenty of successful and equally powerful ecommerce platforms and online businesses in India, making a name for themselves. View top ecommerce platforms
Here, we enumerate India’s popular online marketplaces you can use if you want to start to sell online.
- This one sells mainly electronics like gadgets. They make up 14% of total online market share in the country.
- eBay India. We, of course, recognize this one pretty easily since it is among the biggest online marketplaces in the world today.
- Ecommerce Platforms
- It is one of India’s biggest fashion online store, although there had been news circulating that it has been shut down.
- Based in Bengaluru, this is also a popular fashion ecommerce site in India.
- Like eBay, Amazon India is one of the most active and successful ecommerce platforms in this country. It makes up an estimated 24% of total market share.
- Arguably India’s largest online marketplace, this one is definitely the most successful especially when it comes to shipments. With a market share of 37%, it is pretty competitive.
- This online shopping company sells garments and accessories for men and women.
- A hyper-local online marketplace connects customers and local merchants. They sell discounts and coupons, which usually is a marketing ploy for big companies.
- Selling household items, lifestyle goods, and fashion accessories, this online store is one of the longest running ecommerce platforms in India. It was launched in 2009, and is still going strong.
- This is a free international ecommerce site for small businesses and individuals. Users can promote their brands and sell both products and services.
- Magento – The Most Used eCommerce Platform in Europe
These Indian online marketplaces show how popular ecommerce is, and how fast it has grown to mainstream. There are now almost billions of ecommerce site users, which would most likely still increase in the long run as online business grow and expand all over the world.